Nova Hreod Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. Our school ethos is rooted in our principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As our students develop these attributes during their time with us, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. We want all of our students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic Attendance and Admissions Officer to join our school. The purpose of the role is to work closely with our pastoral team to ensure continual improvement in attendance rates and punctuality by reducing student absence. You will also engage with families and support them to fulfil their legal responsibilities, in line with Nova Hreod Academy’s attendance policy. The role will also manage the admissions to the School for Year 7 and in year admissions.
Salary: £16,952, pro rata to the FTE of £19,242 – based on 37.5 hours per week, term time plus 1 week per annum
Work under the guidance of the Head of the APSC and alongside the House Managers & Leaders to deliver an effective attendance strategy
- Manage the work of the Attendance Office to ensure attendance records are accurate, correct, and timely and that all legal, audit and operational processes and procedures are adhered to
- Manage registers to ensure all registers are completed in a timely and accurate fashion, including in-class registration
- Coordinate the targeted support offered to individual students using resources within the academy and other agencies, as appropriate
- Liaise with other appropriate members of staff and other agencies in the identification of students whose absence and lateness is a cause for concern to improve attendance rates
- Manage the timetable of home visits and support with accompanied visits when appropriate and when requested
- Assist the academy with the identification of students with attendance or safeguarding concerns to ensure that all child protection and safeguarding procedures are followed. Ensuring that any concerns are brought to the attention of appropriate staff
- To keep up to date with legal, DfE and OFSTED requirements and changes concerning attendance and the academy’s legal responsibilities and to be the subject matter expert of attendance for the academy
- Investigate incidents of poor attendance and punctuality in line with Academy policy and implement a graduated response to poor or failing attendance, challenging condoned absence
- Schedule a programme of planned and regular visits to pupils’ homes on school attendance matters and to discuss with their parents their child’s regularity of attendance at school
- Support in monitoring students’ attendance and punctuality, coordinating and developing appropriate intervention strategies for individual and groups of student, where necessary
The ideal candidate will:
Be educated to GCSE level
- Have a clean driving licence and a car
- Have relevant administrative experience
- Have experience of using data/ information systems, spreadsheets and word processing
- Have experience of day to day use of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel)
- Have experience of working with young people (age 11 to 16) or within schools, working with students and parents
- Have experience of working successfully as part of a team which plans workload and has to respond to situations which arise
- Have ability to understand, interpret and follow systems, policies and procedures
- Have ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Good numeracy skills; able to analyse and interpret data
- Ability to relate well to both children and adults; able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, their families, colleagues and other professionals
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity where appropriate
- Have excellent customer service skills; ability to relate well to parents and prospective pupils
Nova Hreod Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Nova Hreod is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.